2023 Hall of Fame Inductees
- David Bessette: Dave has been in the solar industry since 1979, designing one of the first PV systems in Florida and recently the led committee which developed Florida Solar Apprenticeship Program.
- Scott Egglefield: Scott realized importance of solar energy to humanity while trekking in Nepal in 1974, leading him to start his solar business that same year.
- Bob Zrallack: Bob has been in the solar industry since 1976. He has taught classes at conferences all over the US and continues to serve as a subject matter expert for the solar contractor's exam.
- Robert Schabes: Robert and a partner created a dealershop to sell and install solar domestic water heaters and utilized a HUD incentive program to help make solar sales and later became a national leader in the distribution of solar water heating products.
- Michael Newman: Mike has worked in all areas of the solar industry including manufacturing, financial management, sales and marketing, dealer and installer training, research and development and product development.
- Bill Gallagher: Bill started his solar business in 1975. Every Saturday morning he hosts the Solar-Fit Renewable Energy Show interviewing local and national leaders in renewable energy.
- Peter DeNapoli: Pete spent 42 years at the forefront of the PV industry's off-grid and grid-connected markets.
- Victor Eyal: Victor immigrated from Israel to the US in 1981 and realized the opportunity for solar on American roofs. He formed an international network of solar swimming pool and water heating dealers and distributors for Heliocol.
- Philip Fairey: Mr. Fairey has more than 25 years experience in building science research. He developed the Florida Building Energy-Efficiency Rating System and led the development of EnergyGauge®
- Bill Guiney: Bill has more than 40-years of experience in the solar industry. He accounted for over 250 projects which include some of the largest solar thermal systems installed in the country.
- John Harrison: John was responsible for administering the activities of the FSEC Solar System and Collector Certification Programs in which he worked very closely with members of the Florida and national solar industry.
- Billy Byrom: Billy entered the renewable energy business in 1979. Billy was an entrepreneur that loved American manufacturing. He genuinely cared about the quality of his products and about the consumer and the longevity of their system. He was also passionate about his employees and their families, and all his friends in the solar thermal industry and proud that his products were 100% US made.
- Steve Gorman: Steve worked hard on fighting climate change, making us more energy secure and creating clean energy jobs in Florida.
2023 Rising Star Awards
Climate First Bank
Hall of Fame Previous Years
Dr. Erich Farber
1988 Charter Members
Dr. David Block
C.E. "Ed" Glenn
Senator Bob Graham